Thursday, October 11, 2012

Air quality, fire danger limit burning still

Murky brown skies. Dry, dry, dry conditions. It's no wonder Open Burn season has been delayed in the region. So what are we to do with all of the end-of-season garden material, tree trimmings, and yard waste? You've got a few options.

1) If you don't already susbscribe to Yard Debris service as part of your Garbage services, you can add that service on, either at a weekly or bi-weekly increment, through The Dalles Disposal. You can reach then at 541-298-5149.

2) Keep building up your material, and check The City of The Dalles website for announcement of permission to burn. City of The Dalles, Oregon DEQ Eastern Region, and MidColumbia Fire and Rescue are all partnering together to keep our region informed and safe.
  • Be aware that you are required to have an Open Burn permit, which is available for $5 from MidColumbia Fire & Rescue. Their offices are located at 1400 West 8th Street  The Dalles, OR 97058, or call (541) 296-9445.
3) Hold on to your yard debris, and take it to The Dalles Disposal. During the month
of November, The Dalles Disposal will he Dalles Disposal will take your Yard Debris for free,
during open hours. The Dalles Disposal is open Monday through Saturday, 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM.

They are located at 541-298-5149.

No comments:

Post a Comment