Metal or plastic lids from empty jars (rinsed and dried)
Old sheet music (check out your second hand store, or print some for free online)
Photos of friends and family members
Pencil or pen
- Place the lid over your photograph. Center your image. Trace around the lid onto the photo.
- Cut on the line you traced.
- Place a dot of glue on the back of the photo. Insert the photo down into the center of the lid.
- Place the lid on your sheet music. Trace a circle about .75-1" larger than the lid (the distance should be roughly double the depth of the lid rim).
- Cut out the circle of sheet music.
- Put glue on the top of the lid. Center the lid on the wrong side of the sheet music.
- Place a thin layer of glue around the exterior and interior rim of the lid. Fold the sheet music up and over to the inside of the lid.
- Cut a length of ribbon to fit the inside rim of the lid. Glue it in place.
- Cut a 5-6" length of ribbon. Glue the two ends to the back of the lid to form a loop. Allow to dry completely before hanging on your tree.